Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

DIY Valentine Lacing Cards

My old lacing cards were made out of construction paper and then laminated. They were colorful, but got roughed up pretty quickly since five year olds are not the most careful people in the world. I wanted to make new ones and I wanted them to last longer.

My husband and I get A LOT of packages from Amazon so I started cutting out squares from the boxes with a paper cutter. The only issue was that my hole puncher wouldn't reach far enough across the square to make holes for the design I wanted (hearts for a Valentine theme).

I pulled out our drill and started making holes.


Before I knew it I had a class set. I made some for my teammate, too. 


These should hold up a lot longer than construction paper. Now all they need is some red or pink string.  I do a lot of fine motor activities in my morning work stations so the lacing cards will be a station.

Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Great way to reuse your cardboard and it will definitely be a sturdy lacing card! Thanks for the idea!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete