Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

More Apple Activities

Here are some more of the apple activities we did: 

We ready a variety of books about apples and Johnny Appleseed. My favorite Johnny Appleseed book is shown below. It is very cute and aimed at younger students. 


After reading the story, we made Johnny Appleseed hats! Adorable! Students wrote their names on the apples, but I blurred it out in this photo. 


Students followed pictorial directions to make "Apple Tree" snacks (found at Making Learning Fun). I ran out of time when I was passing out M&Ms so yes, we had some apples that were not the color of apples, hence the blue "apple." They used a round cracker in the recipe, but I decided to use what I already had instead of making another trip to the store. Making Learning Fun also had a cute recipe called "Apple Smiles." It used apple slices, peanut butter, and mini marshmallows. I didn't try that one because of the peanut butter, but I think I might substitute it for caramel next year. I thought about it too late. Here is how out apple trees turned out: 


My parents were so kind to bring all of these delicious apples! We used them for activities throughout the week including counting, sorting, and making applesauce!!! I was going to take pictures of the final product, but I forgot. =( I had a few students who were not fans of applesauce, but the rest loved it!





No comments:

Post a Comment